- Greg Phillips
Updated: Feb 23
When we dreamt up the idea to transport fans into a living, breathing Anime world, the next step was devising a plan to execute our vision. This proved to be one of the more challenging aspects of building Anime Village’s metaverse, as there were (and are) so many details involved regarding development, design, usability, functionality, cost…the list goes on and on.
That’s why we’re so excited to have integrated Polygon into our platform as it addresses numerous factors, most notably a significant reduction in gas fees and dramatically enhanced transaction speeds. The long and the short of it is Polygon unites the best of Ethereum with other blockchains into one solution, while creating a significantly better user-experience.
Polygon’s unique platform makes Ethereum accessible for everyone while enabling developers to create an enhanced user experience.
Everyone wins with Polygon.
Sure. Developers stand to gain the most by integrating Polygon into their platforms. But users (and in our case, fans) stand to gain a lot as well. This comes in the form of a fast, safe and fun user experience.
This enhanced user-centric approach is achieved via Polygon’s unique elements, which include:
· A growing set of modules for developing custom networks
· Interoperability protocol for exchanging messages with Ethereum and other blockchains
· Modular and optional “security as a service”
· Adaptor modules for enabling interoperability for existing blockchain networks
Cut to the chase: Polygon can deliver the best of Ethereum and other blockchains into a set of innovative features. This creates that amazing user experience, which is what Anime Village is all about.
Getting into the finer details of how Polygon will enhance the Anime Village experience, we can boil it down to these key factors:
1. Cost-Effective: Polygon transaction fees are considerably less expensive when compared to Ethereum. This allows us to pass on the savings to you, our fans!
2. Speed: The transaction speed on Polygon is around five seconds as compared to one-minute on Ethereum. So, when you purchase something from Anime Village, you’ll receive your item in a literal flash.
3. Intuitive: You can freely and easily use Metamask along with other Ethereum-based wallets. All you need to do is switch the network to Polygon. It’s as simple as that.
4. Interoperable: Polygon leverages the security of Ethereum and everything that’s been developed to work with the Ethereum blockchain is 100% compatible with Polygon’s network. That’s a great benefit to you, and is also in line with Anime Village’s brand tenet of being a major player in a decentralized, interoperable Internet that empowers users like never before.
Integrating Polygon into the Anime Village Metaverse means a better user experience. That certainly applies to our all-original avatars: Shin’ichi, Airo, Cro-Magnum, Toon & Kigo.
Keeping it green.
Yet another benefit of integrating Polygon into Anime Village’s platform is Polygon’s commitment to sustainability. This comes in the form of its Green Manifesto, which plans to achieve carbon-negative status. Polygon has pledged $20 million to a series of community initiatives to make this happen.
When you consider Polygon’s ability to enable developers to produce superior products, enhance user experiences and initiatives like the Green Manifesto, it’s no wonder why more and more businesses are teaming up with them to take their blockchain platforms to the next level.
Anime Village is certainly one of those organizations, and our team is excited to incorporate Polygon’s many solutions into our ever-growing Metaverse!
That’s a wrap!
That just about does it for this week’s installment. If you’d like to learn more about Polygon, make sure to visit their site. We’ll also extend the same invitation to check us out on TikTok and IG. And make sure to listen to the latest My Anime Village podcast, which features Mark Hildreth, voice of Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing!